We love automation. We design and build innovative robotic systems and laboratory devices used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies and academic research laboratories. HighRes Biosolutions helps scientists accelerate drug discovery, high throughput genotyping, siRNA screening, next-generation sequencing sample prep, biorepository science and molecular diagnostics with highly flexible, expandable and modular integrated systems, bench-top devices and consumables that are easily configured (and reconfigured) to create research environments conducive to achieving breakthrough results.
In this highly visible role, you'll be responsible for configuring robotic systems to meet required specifications, and you'll be interfacing with clients for requirements, testing and training. This is a GREAT opportunity for someone looking to make that first job change (or a new college grad with some great internships or summer job experience)!
You'll be traveling domestically and internationally for about 50% of the time.
The following are a few of your responsibilities:
• Developing software for integrating laboratory automation devices with robotic systems
• Configuring system databases and software and reviewing robotic system designs
• Implementing Robotic Systems
• Teaching Robotic Platforms and System configuration
• Verifying System assembly (pneumatics, communications, etc.).
• Developing Test Plans and working those Plans at both HighRes and Customer sites
We’ll provide you with the training you’ll need to be successful in this role, but we’re looking for the following skills:
• BS in computer science or related applied engineering discipline
• Basic C#, C, C++ or Java object oriented programming
• Basic computer communications (TCP/IP, RS232)
• Basic relational databases
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to overcome unforeseen challenges quickly and effectively
• Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work well with a team
• Travel up to 50%
• Domestic and international travel, passport required