In this highly visible role, you'll be responsible for configuring robotic systems to meet required specifications, and you'll be interfacing with clients for requirements, testing and training. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for robotics and automation looking for a dynamic, varied role.
You'll be traveling domestically and internationally for about 50% of the time.
- Hands on teaching of robotic arms on room-scale systems
- Customizing software for integrating laboratory automation devices
- Configuring relational databases for scheduling software
- Setting up and debugging small scale computer networks
- Collaborating with manufacturing team to verify system assembly
- Executing Factory and Site Acceptance testing to ensure safety and accurate performance both at HighRes and on customer's sites.
We’ll provide you with the training you’ll need to be successful in this role, but we’re looking for the following skills:
- Technical background – BSc degree in IT/Engineering/Scientific discipline
- Minimum one year industrial experience is desirable. Candidates with other demonstrable experience will also be considered
- Basic/Intermediate C#, Java or other object-oriented programming experience
- Basic/Intermediate networking set-up and management (TCP/IP, RS232)
- Basic/Intermediate relational databases (Oracle and Access)
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to overcome unforeseen challenges quickly and effectively
- A self-starter, able to work effectively both as a team member and individually during offsite installation tasks
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work well with customers under pressure
- Valid UK driving license
- Travel up to 50%
- Domestic and international travel, passport required